Friday, October 21, 2005

The Visio Lab

Unlike the stuff from some of the other labs, I can actually see a real use for Visio. Have you ever tried to create a flowchart? On the computer? Without a flowcharting program? All I'll say is: trying to flowchart in Adobe Photoshop is a pain and a half.

I'm not to sure why our lab was about database E/R diagrams instead of flowcharting. Flowcharting is tedious but useful. E/R diagrams can be done by hand in no time flat - at least, simple ones like the one we did in class can. Plus, as long as you can read your own writing, it's less time-consuming to do by hand, and just as convenient when using it to create a database in Access. Ah, well. Maybe I'm a tad old-school.

Edit: 10-21 10:31 AM:
Well, I suppose it is a good idea to get the basics down, since those E/R diagrams can get insanely complicated in big projects. But I still would have preferred flowcharting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home